Saturday 14 February 2009

Pre Crop Challenges

How I came to join the FBI

One morning I was looking around on UKScrappers  feeling at a bit of a loss scrapbooking wise, since finishing the Christmas Journal . I wondered why there were lots of people with the FBI for their avatars,  I found my way to the forum and there was this post about the Cyber Crop and  I click on register instead of something that explained what it involved and there I was, I had joined the FBI.

   


The first task was to create a Bookmark,


I made this on the Cricut and decorated it with a small evidence bag,


( Manila envelope)  and the FBI logo,


For each task completed you added  single Do’nut to your signature. I ended the Cyber crop with 21 Do’nuts and not a calorie in sight .


 


 


The next challenge was to take your finger prints to eliminate you from the investigation, I used Versa Mark Ink and the embossing powder so as not to have grubby fingers, The baby hand prints were from Google Images as I could not bring myself to ink Nathaniels hands just yet as they are always in his mouth anyway, We did not need a poisoning to investigate.


 




 

Next task was to make a body tag again cut on the Cricut Machine




 

Unusual Suspects


 


This was fun to do I got Roger DH to stand in the bath so I could have the White tiles behind him and to pull a suspicious face he had to bend his knees to avoid the mosiac stripes.   My DD2 does not like this picture of her daddy she says its scary  and she's 30.


 


The next challenge had us adding the finger print to the Usual suspect LO.



  

 I had to make something using eyelets so it became and ID card.



 

 This was a challenge to make evidence bags I did a few  and added some evidence. The little plastic one just had a label printed with FBI on . The large Manila one was taken for Google Images from an advert for real evidence bags, with the text recreated and printed on. You can find just about any thing on the internet.



I choose to do the Planner Swap and Ummed and Ahhred about   the Mystery Kit   it was due to be launched  on a workday  evening at 19:00 which is shift handover time  when I have to be logged out for the next shift to log in. I decided it was a non starter, but later that evening  I logged on to see if they had all gone and as there were some left I bought one after a few teething troubles and lots of other stash from Scrap Shed,  very speedy service was with me less than 24 hours after I paid.



 

The Mystery Kit comprised of sheets of 12 x12 from Rusty Pickle  in Red and Black and White, a sheet of stickers and ribbons buttons and Silver stars,  Book rings and tags.



Other Pre Crop Challenges

 Below are some of the other Challenges for the Pre - crop.


                                                                                   Filed Chipboard  





 

 

Luminal



                                                                                                                  Fancy Scissors

 

Distinguishing features



 

A LO with Time





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stolen Item   Transformed

This required you stealing an item from you r family and changing it to something else , Mine was a box containing Socks decorated to a pretty box that I keep the leads for my Cricut design Studio away form the Cats teeth.



 



 

 

     

A LO of your favourite Detective


 


Mine was Campion from the books by Majory Allingham


  



 Small Embellishment



 

 

 

 

 

The Lay out Challenge was to create a LO inspired by the X files Photo   I was worth 100 point in the CC and was uploaded to the hidden Gallery before the Crop.




      


 The Cyber Crop Started at 19:00 on Friday 6th February 2009



 

UKScrapper site was so busy and the day had seen heavy snow all over the UK so lots of people were using the internet. After a late start the first class was up and I was able to download the PDF and this is what I made.



 

In The Frame




  


 


Prior to the start of the CC you were able to purchase Kits from participating   sponsors next CC I will buy some of the kits as time was lost preparing kits for each class form my own stash.


 



 Black and Blue

 The Mouse Trap



This is entitled Biter as Holly bites through every wire and cable she can get her teeth into we are amazed that she has not been electrocuted yet,

 

Cagney and Lacey



 Girly LO with no Pink



 Assignment FBI



 

The Unexplained

Part 1



 



 Part 2



 

Spiders Web




My Craft Room mid Crop it took me all Tuesday to get straight again





 Partners In Crime



 

Jessica Fletcher the LO




Remington Steele



 




I love this layout it was a challenge to use a typewriter font,


I created a telegram LO around Poirot and Haistings.




 




 




 


Cat Among The Pigeons



 

Scrap Shed FBI Mystery Kit


 


I would like to thank everyone who voted for me this is the first time I have won any thing for my artwork and I loved making this kit.



4 comments:

  1. this looks like the subject matter of discussion between me and a good friend last month. crazy thing is none of us had the vision to approach things from the current viewpoint. I'm going to e mail her a link to this blog post to see what she thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a yahoo users for some years now. I am only starting to make use of the tools which they provide, one of which being blog posts. I have written a blog and would like to know if my blog posts are being seen by others. If not then does anyone know how I get my blogs posts read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also commenting to let you be aware of what a nice discovery my friend's daughter undergone viewing your webblog. She came to find lots of pieces, most notably what it is like to have a very effective giving mindset to have the others effortlessly thoroughly grasp specific specialized subject areas. You actually did more than people's desires. Many thanks for coming up with those insightful, trusted, revealing as well as cool tips on that topic to Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to compose a word to be able to thank you for these remarkable advice you are sharing at this website. My time intensive internet search has at the end been rewarded with wonderful content to write about with my co-workers. I 'd repeat that most of us website visitors actually are really fortunate to exist in a decent site with so many lovely individuals with very beneficial pointers. I feel really grateful to have seen your webpage and look forward to many more entertaining moments reading here. Thanks once more for everything.

    ReplyDelete